Selected Father’s Day Poems

Father’s day is a special occasion for those who love their dad. These carefully selected beautiful poems will make your father’s day celebrations more enchanting and captivating.



father and the girl chil looking at each other
Father’s day comes once in a year with an opportunity to show reverence to the person who sacrificed his own ambitions to add worth to your life.  His mighty limbs and his gutsy heart made you what you are today. Yet, his contribution is almost always undermined in the society as a whole. While preparing for father’s day, do remember that it is for the same person who withheld his tears to help you smile. This list of carefully selected poems that is beautiful as well as momentous will surely magnify the merriment and the festivity that comes with the father’s day.


    Poem 1: A Father Is


  • There in every memory
    See his love and care
    Strength and hands to count on
    Freely he does share
    Provider, toil so faithfully
    To make our dreams come true
    Give strong and tender discipline
    Though it is hard to do
    A Father is God's chosen one
    To lead the family
    And point it to His will for life
    Of love and harmony...

    Sue Skeen


  • Poem2: To My Dad on His Day


  • To my dad on his day,
    Of whom I am a living will:
    May your happiness fulfill
    Your goodness, as is just and right.
    Deeds are seeds upon the night
    As wind and wonder have their way,
    Delivering the destined light.

    Author Unknown


  • Poem 3: Father's Day


  • Over the years
    As we grow old,
    We remember our father
    So brave and bold.

    In the garden,
    Leaning on the plow,
    He would listen to me;
    I see him now.

    He would give advice
    And understand;
    He was always there
    To lend a hand.

    God made fathers
    Strong and firm,
    For he knew our lives
    Would have great concerns.

    So he gave us fathers
    To teach us to pray,
    And guide our lives,
    And show us the way.

    So on his day
    Let's take the time
    To say "Thanks, dad.
    I'm glad you're mine."

    Mary Frances Bogle


  • Poem 4: What Makes a Dad


  • God took the strength of a mountain,
    The majesty of a tree,
    The warmth of a summer sun,
    The calm of a quiet sea,
    The generous soul of nature,
    The comforting arm of night,
    The wisdom of the ages,
    The power of the eagle's flight,
    The joy of a morning in spring,
    The faith of a mustard seed,
    The patience of eternity,
    The depth of a family need,
    Then God combined these qualities,
    When there was nothing more to add,
    He knew His masterpiece was complete,
    And so, He called it ... Dad

    Author Unknown


  • Poem 5: My Dad and I


  • My dad and I-we think alike,
    He knows just what I mean
    Before I even say a word
    He reads, well, in between.

    My dad and I-we like to fish
    Or build a model plane,
    Or fix a broken chair or two
    Or just a windowpane.

    My dad and I-we know the score
    Of every single game;
    Sometimes he's really busy, too
    But he takes me just the same.

    My dad and I-we go swimming too,
    Each year and sometimes twice.
    My dad and I-we do everything;
    My dad-he's really nice.

    Phyllis C. Michael


  • Poem 6: Daddy you are the Best


  • Daddy you are the best,
    although you live in the west.
    stay the way you are,
    while your driving your sports car.

    You couldn't be a better dad
    oh yeah, don't go driving around mad
    I love you for ever
    'cause you'r really clever

    Even though i puss and shove
    I will still show all my love

    Olivia Elliott & Simeran Mason


  • Poem 7: God made a father


  • God made a father who is,
    as sweet as a nectar,
    as brave as a lion,
    as cheerful as a bear,
    and he gave such dear father to me.

    Tanusri Gopal Krishnan


  • Poem 8: Grandfathers


  • Grandfathers Are Fathers Who Are Grand
    Grandfathers are fathers who are grand,
    Restoring the sense that our most precious things
    Are those that do not change much over time.
    No love of childhood is more sublime,
    Demanding little, giving on demand,
    Far more inclined than most to grant the wings
    Allowing us to reach enchanted lands.
    Though grandfathers must serve as second fathers,
    Helping out with young and restless hearts,
    Each has all the patience wisdom brings,
    Remembering our passions more than others,
    Soothing us with old and well-honed arts.

    Author Unknown